Friday, September 17, 2010

Ready... set...

... Tally Ho!

Our boots are polished. My saddle has been cleaned and conditioned, and the hubby's saddle dusted and wiped down. I washed our Wintec girths, which are now shiny and clean. Red's bridle got cleaned (and conditioned!) for the first time since I won't say how long, and Saga's jumping bridle is ready to go.

The boys have grain and hay - the bale bag didn't even have any scorpions in it! - and the trailer's cleaned. I even swept out and rearranged the tack room!

Ok, so I didn't iron our stock ties, and we're not wearing coats (tomorrow's high is something like 92, so my wool coat is Right. Out.), but otherwise... we're ready to go on the first hunt of the cubbing season tomorrow!

Departure time from here is 6 a.m., so I'm off to bed.

Oh, and in case you're wondering? The flask is filled with Balvenie Doublewood. Gotta take the edge off somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment