Tuesday, August 10, 2010

::twitch::

In my never-ending quest to find music for a dressage freestyle that I will someday perform (really, I swear!), I figured out that walk, canter, and piaffe/passage can be done to the Macarena.

We won't talk about how or why I figured this out, or why I was listening to the Macarena in the first place. Let's focus on the important stuff here - merely that I did actually manage to determine that this is, indeed, a viable piece, because it's around 90 beats per minute - the rate at which most horses canter and walk.

And since Foxfire was so completely thrilled with the concept of riding to the Macarena, I decided to make a short video to prove the efficacy of using said music for the walk and canter portions a freestyle (seeing as how we can't do a piaffe or passage).

My only goal is to make you twitch, Foxfire. :)



P.S. In case you're wondering, no, I have NO INTENTION of creating a freestyle that includes the Macarena. Well, probably not anyway...

1 comment:

  1. BAHAHA! That vid was so cute. I think Lady Gaga or some bhangra would make a beastly freestyle. So long as I don't hear another Pirates of the Caribbean freestyle. Ever. Again.

    ReplyDelete